- History of Yoga
- Yoga Sutras; Sanskrit terms for yoga postures and other yogic concepts
- Eight limbs of yoga; Eastern vs Western philosophy
- Yoga psychology
- Yoga teachers code of ethical practice
- Sadhana practice (mediation, various pranayama techniques, mantras, mudras)
- Philosophy knowledge applied Yoga teaching practice
Anatomy & physiology
- Human body systems, components, functions,
- Application of anatomy & physiology in yoga teaching context
- Yogic behaviour and rituals
- Planning and sequencing yoga classes
- Adjustments, modifications and prop usage
- Creative language and teaching methods
- Qualities of a Yoga teacher
- Motivation techniques and methods
Training, techniques and practice
- Yoga asanas (postures) of Hatha yoga and part Ashtanga series
- Sadhana – Pranayama, meditation, mantra, chanting
- Completing journals, essays and assignments
- Orientation and screening of clients
- Client health assessments
- Planning, sequencing and delivery of group and personal yoga classes as the lead instructor
- Class planning and delivery to include opening mantra, chant, intention, breath and centring, Surya Namaskar (sun salutations), standing and balancing, revolving, back-bending, forward bending, hip opening, inversions, Savasana and Yoga Nidra
- Yoga programs to achieve specific outcomes.
- Special populations – understanding and modifications
Nutrition and Ayurvedic wisdom
- Nutrition principles to optimise individual health and daily yoga practice.
- Ayurvedic principles and rituals.
First Aid and Occupational Health and Safety (OHS)
- Basic First Aid and CPR certification to be completed
- Yoga industry standards and quality assurance
Business and marketing
- Develop a Yoga business plan suitable for home based and community yoga classes
- Create a marketing strategy to promote classes
This course is designed for Yogis with intermediate experience who have a real passion to share and develop this ancient practice with students. It is open to anyone who is interested in learning the ancient science of health and spirituality. We recommend applicants have at least 12 months yoga practice experience. We welcome you to contact us if you would like to discuss your eligibility.
This course is fully accredited with Yoga Alliance. Please refer to Yoga Alliance membership guidelines. Level 1 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course graduates are eligible for full membership of Yoga Alliance and qualified to obtain insurance to teach.
Course Completion & Certification
Students need to complete all modules offered within the course content outlined above. If students cannot attend the contact hours as offered, they must submit assignments and practical assessments specific to the module. Assessments will be based on written assignments, practical evaluations and student conduct. Once completing and receiving certification for your 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course, you can upgrade to 350 hours in the Level 2 program offered in 2018.
It is important that all applicants revise the time and resources required for the course before submitting the application. Participants must be prepared to devote their full attention to the teacher training program. Due to the expenses involved with venue hire and teachers involved, the deposit required is non-refundable.
$3590 + GST – Inclusive of all tuition, workshops, classes and manuals.
Early Bird Discount- $3390 + GST valid until 30th July 2017.
Additional Costs: Recommended books below.
Books: (Available at ZSL)
- Light on Yoga ~ B.K.S Iyengar
- The Heart of Yoga ~ T. K. V. Desikachar
- Yoga Anatomy ~ Leslie Kaminoff
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali ~ ‘The Essence of Yoga: Reflections on the yoga sutras’ Bernard Bouanchaud.
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika ~ Muktibodhananda Swami
Payment plan option
If you wish to arrange a payment plan, please contact us directly. You will still be required to pay a $599 deposit (Includes $99 payment plan administration fee). Once the deposit has been received, the entire cost must be paid in full. No refunds available, however payments are transferable to future courses.